The Shepherd Company is seeking motivated and qualified individuals to work as Production Associates on the production floor, taking responsibility for the operation of manufacturing equipment and performing tasks as needed under the direction of a Production Supervisor. We expect all our production staff to perform work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. This is a team focused role with the opportunity to advance based on performance.
Pay starts at $21/hr and will increase to $22/hr after a training period. Medical benefits are available on day one of employment and Shepherd covers 95% of health care premium costs, which makes your out-of-pocket premium rather low.
As a Production Associate you will keep the manufacturing floor moving. You will be part of the team creating quality products to deliver to our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to operate various pieces of equipment and help us meet our customer requirements. You will have the opportunity to advance roles and change shifts based on performance and business needs.
• High school diploma or GED is preferred.
• Must have prior work experience with a good work record.
• Must pass vision and color/sight test.
• Must possess proper hand-eye coordination.
• Physical, dexterity, and math assessments are required for qualified candidates.
• We are a tobacco-free environment and expect our employees to also be tobacco-free. A background check and drug/nicotine check are required for all qualified candidates.
• Loading and unloading kilns.
• Operating pulverizers.
• Operating blenders.
• Operating package equipment.
• Driving lift trucks.
• Completing necessary industrial reports.
• Entering data into required computer programs.
• Following rules and procedures.
• Training others as needed.
• Demonstrated reading and writing skills are required.
• Basic math skills and computer literacy is required.
• Ability to lift, bend, reach, and twist with loads for long periods.
• Ability to lift from 15-55 lbs often and 100+ lbs infrequently. Drums may need to be rolled, generally weighing from 100 to 350 lbs. but occasionally exceeding 400 lbs.
Please note: our manufacturing environment follows the outside temperature. During the summer months, the indoor temperature may surpass 100°. In the winter, the temperature may also drop to around freezing temperatures. We provide necessary uniforms, safety glasses, gloves, jackets, etc. as needed to perform your job safely.
• Our Production Associates work 12-hour shifts and some holidays:
(2) day crew shifts, 6am-6:30pm and (2) night crew shifts 6pm-6:30am.
The Shepherd Color Company is known as a leader in the color industry with the continuous improvement of technical applications and a history of innovation. Shepherd Color pigments are highly engineered ceramic colorants. They are impervious to sunlight, chemicals, and thermal attack. Our products can be found everywhere, from the non-stick surface of your favorite cookware to adding color and IR reflectivity to roofing and siding to help keep buildings cool.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.